Hallo Lutz,

first of all, thanks for your help.

>Remark: I "get" the sessions and save them into an external database,
>later reload them from the database, so I don't have the following
problem:
>SSL_get_session() does not create a copy of the session for you, just a
>pointer to the place where the session is stored. Hence, the session might
be
>(re-)moved inside the SSL-engine and the SSL_set_session() might fail.
>You must hence create your own copy of the session to avoid this problem,
>check out i2d_SSL_SESSION() for that.

could SSL_get1_session() help me out?
In my code-example posted in the request,
in which cases the ssl-engine might remove the session?

>PS. As I told you I use it, so you can have a look into the source of
>my Postfix/TLS patchkit (available at my homepage) for an example.

I've downloaded the latest snapshot (
ftp://ftp.aet.tu-cottbus.de/pub/postfix_tls/related/postfix/snapshot-20000531.tar.gz
),
but in this I've found nothing about SSL in it.
Have I got something wrong?

best regards,

Silvio Matthes