..switched to openssl-users as this really isn't a dev question..
..cc of author as well..

> I have downloaded openssl-0.9.5a.tar.gz and I can't open it. I get
> the
> error message :
> "error reading header after processing 0 entries".

this usually occurs when you download as ascii as opposed to binary -
change to binary first. ;-) then open in winzip.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I have another question :
> > what is the Microsoft VC++ workspace used for?

I originally wrote it about ~4 years back in order to debug ssleay 0.4
and 0.6 on winnt.  I just carried it forward since alot of people seem
to like it on win32.  It will build the entire library and all the tools
on 98, 2k, and nt.  It is perhaps the best way to learn - try stepping
through s_client and s_server under the debugger with the tls rfc next
to you to see what happens in the ssl negotiation - remember source code
is self-documenting ;-)

The workspace that is floating around on the lists will be superceded
this weekend with one with alot of "bug" fixes and lots of
compiler/linker flag corrections.

Andrew
--
openssl devstudio homepage at http://www.iconsinc.com/~agray/ossldev/