On Wed, 19 July 2000, Yuji Shinozaki wrote:

> How are you creating foo.b64?  What does it look like?

Thanks

The problem was with '\n' characters not taken care of in the signature file.

Now both the following commands work properly.

openssl base64 -d -in $valid \
 | openssl pkcs7 -out $sigtmp -inform DER -outform PEM

Now in the following command
"verify -in $sigtmp -data $theText -cf $db -verbose"
actually the syntax is
"verify $sigtmp -d $theText -cf $db"

it gives following error

depth=1 /C=IN/ST=AP/L=City/O=ABC/OU=Secure Machine 172.19.11.11/CN=ABC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
verify return:1
depth=0
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
verify return:1
2161:error:21071065:PKCS7 routines:PKCS7_signatureVerify:digest failure:pk7_doit.c:786:

Is this problem due to message digest algorithm because
crypto.signText hashes with SHA and in openssl.cnf default md is md5.

Which cert file is required in $db? I supplied the CA cert file.
What message will verify give if signature is correct.
I saw only a <printf("done..")> in the code.

Thanks
vivek

$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3