Hi,

I'm working on a Redhat Linux 6.1 system (soon 6.2) and I am relatively
new to SSL. But I will need the technology in the near future for an
e-commerce solution. Now, after reading some stuff I understand you need
to buy a server certificate. I have visited some sites like thawte.com
and verisign.com but find their prices very high.
Now, what I am wondering:

1. Are there free certificates somewhere?
2. Does higher price mean a better certificate? Or why are the prices
sometimes so high?

Can anyone give me some advice about this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Michael