I've been building a small https client & everything has gone quite well.
Now I've been told that I need to include support for client authentication
using a standard x.509 certificate & I am stumped.

Is the certificate just going to be a file? Do I just have to set a path to
it, or is there some sort of installation that I need to do?

As you can tell, I'm at a real basic level with this one. I've looked at the
command line tool documentation, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Any help at all would be most useful.