Milan Durovic wrote:
> It crashes when it tries to do 'BIO_printf'.
>
> I suspect BIO module requires some
> setup, but I don't know what setup, and there's no documentation.

There is plenty of documentation available, both in the distribution and
on the OpenSSL homepage.

Your specific problem is explained in both the win32 installation notes
and in the OpenSSL FAQ.

Quoting from the OpenSSL FAQ:

"I've compiled a program under Windows and it crashes: why?

This is usually because you've missed the comment in INSTALL.W32. You
must link with the multithreaded DLL version of the VC++ runtime library
otherwise the conflict will cause a program to crash: typically on the
first BIO related read or write operation."

//oscar