Hi,

        I'm new to this SSL and am trying to install Apache 1.3.12+Mod_SSL+OpenSSL.
        I'm using RedHat Linux 6.2 kernel 2.2.16
        perl version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux

        here are the steps i did, as a root

        [root@localhost /]# tar xvfz openssl-0.9.5a.tar.gz

        // a new directory was created <openssl-0.9.5a>

        [root@localhost /]# cd openssl-0.9.5a
        [root@localhost /openssl-0.9.5a]# ./config
        Operating System: i686-whatever-linux2
        Configuring for linux-elf
        sh: make: command not found
        IsWindows=0
        CC

        what could be be the problem? Please guide me on how to install it properly.

        Thank you.

Jack