> Some smartcards receive the data and put them in
> a PKCS#1 structure before signing them (but they
> put the Sha1 Identifier in the
> DigestAlgorithmIdentifier field).
> This signatures are well verified by Open-SSL
> if I put them into a signed PKCS#7 and push a
> Sha1 algorithm identifier into the algorithms
> stack.
> Some others smartcards simply encrypt with the private key
> what you thell them to sign.
> I can't verify these signatures with Open-SSL.

I've done a little routine that builds up the PKCS#1 signature and converts
it to der, then pass this data to the PKCS11 C_Sign function.
Open-SSL verify is ok.

But the only way I have to distinguish between Smartcards that build a PKCS1
structure before signing it is the PKCS11 dll name.... i don't ike it too
much.
Other ideas?

Now the main problem is:

> How can i verify smartcard signatures with algorithms other than Sha1?

(for smartcards that build themself the PKCS1 signature structure, off
course)

???