It's possible that there's a typedef or #define for "STACK" in something
included before stack.h's STACK typedef, possibly in one of the system
headers.

A quick find-xargs-grep through /usr/include on my 10.10 system didn't find
anything, but since the OP is on 10.20 and there may be model series
differences as well, that doesn't prove anything.  I don't have the OpenSSL
source handy to try building on that box.

(Generally speaking, using an identifier like "STACK" in open source C
software is not a great idea.  That's precisely the kind of name an
implementation or user is likely to tromp on.  Portable C code should strive
to use restricted, well-defined portions of namespace.  It's probably too
late to fix OpenSSL now, though.)

Michael Wojcik             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MERANT
Department of English, Miami University