On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 08:44:33AM +0100, A. Konigsdorfer wrote:
> Just a short question: We need to run SLL over a
> very 'special' connection, that means there is
> _no_ socket of file descriptor. We only have a C
> API for the I/O.
>
> I've used the OpenSLL SSL_read and write methods
> so far, but now I have to implement the
> handshake and the encryption as a stream in
> memory.
>
> Can this be done (hopefully without modifying
> the OpenSSL itself)?
> Can somebody tell me a function to start with?

You could use a BIO-pair. Start with "man BIO_new_bio_pair".
I use the BIO-pair technique in my Postfix/TLS patchkig, available from
my homepage, if you are looking for a working example.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/