Hi,

I've seen this with iPlanet Directory Service 4.12 on solaris8.  I'm not sure what
your problem is but it turned out iplanet was the problem I when I did it. The iPlanet
console had a bug that prevented importing certificates when using a remote console.
I finally got my directory server to import the certificate but I stil haven't tested
the final setup.

a few things.
(i) make sure you're using the console app on the same machine as the directory
server.  This shouldn't matter but it does
(ii)Try generating a ticket request using the console then use that to generate your
ticket using CA.pl or CA.sh
(iii)Are you using CA.pl?

Hope this helps.

Kervin Pierre