You might also want to use the -rand flag and provide a path to the
entropy pool.  You can use either egd or prngd - prngd won't block, and
it provides more than enough entropy - similar to the /dev/urandom
device.

You will find prngd here:
http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/postfix_tls/prngd.html
And a link to egd from there.

If I remember correctly, you still have to tell OpenSSL where to find
its entropy unless you have /dev/urandom or /dev/random.  Even if it is
only done in the openssl.cfg file.

Good luck.