Hi,

I'm always one for forgetting to give things back that I've used, like memory in my programs :-(

I'm beginning to get to grips with openssl but before I proceed I would like a few pointers on freeing memory within openssl.

If I consider the program below there are a few things I need to load before I can use the openssl functions, do I the have to relase them after use with some function? Second I understand the freeing of the x509 cert but are there other freeing functions? For example for subject name?

Any help much appreciated.

/colin

 X509 *cert = NULL;
 X509_NAME *name = NULL;

 SSLeay_add_all_algorithms();
 ERR_load_crypto_strings();

 cert = d2i_X509(NULL, (unsigned char **)&szBuffer, 655);
 name = X509_get_subject_name(cert);

  X509_free(cert);