Hi all,
I am a very beginner of OpenSSL.

I want to add one of x509v3 extensions (AuthorityInfoAccess)
to a certificate, but I can't.
How can I know the way to add extensions? Is there some document?

Or,if there is someone who did it, can you show me the way?
(I'm using 0.9.5a)

Now I have two problems.

1, I can't add any extension to the certificate.

When I enable the line "req_extensions = v3-req" in the file "openssl.cnf"
and make the certificate request by the following command,
        openssl req -new -keyout newkey.pem -out newreq.pem
then, I can add the extensions request to the certificate request.
(off course, they are already defined extensions in the section
[v3_req].)
       # Requested Extensions:
       #     X509v3 Basic Constraints:
       #         CA:FALSE
       #     X509v3 Key Usage:
       #         Digital Signature, Non Repudiation, Key Encipherment

And then I make the certificate by following command using that request
        openssl x509 -req -in newreq.pem -out newcert.pem
                -CA selfcert.pem -CAkey selfkey.pem
but the extensions don't apear in the certificate.

2. I can't add another extension to cnf.
And if I add the new extension entry to the [req_extensions],
it has been error when I make certificate request.
        % openssl req -new -keyout newkey.pem -out newreq.pem
        Using configuration from /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf
        Error Loading request extension section v3_req
        10016:error:2207C082:X509 V3 routines:DO_EXT_CONF:unknown extension
name:v3_conf.c:121:
        10016:error:2206B080:X509 V3 routines:X509V3_EXT_conf:error in
        extension:v3_conf.c:91:name=AuthorityInfoAccess, value=http://dvd
        750:80
I think this means my definition is wrong, but how can I make it
right? Can someone show me the way? Should I define the oid, too?

Thanks,
Kikuyo Nagamatsu, JAPAN.