"Tridib, Mumbai" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Please help me. My problems are as follows:
>
> 1. I have generated key pair in Netscape (at client side) and then subsequently I
>have created Certificate (at server side) using -SPKAC option of "ca" command i.e
>signing the request with root private key. This works fine. My problem is how can I
>generate the key pair in IE and then create certificate using openssl like what I
>have done in Netscape.
>
> Has any one done this? Please help me. I need your help despaerately - I tried a lot
>using actiovex etc.

take a look at this page on microsoft's site:

   http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/certsrv/xen_abus_0elw.htm

> 2. In case of signing a text in Netscape, there is no problem- crypto.signText() of
>Java Script works fine and the output is PKCS#7 object. I can also verify at the
>server using "verify" command of OpenCA.
>
> Could You please tell me how can I sign a text in the IE such that ouput will be
>PKCS#7 object?

currently, ie doesn't support signing text from certs in the cert
store.  however, my company has developed an activex control that will
allow you to do so.  i don't believe anyone else has developed one yet,
but i could be wrong.  we haven't decided what to do with regards to
if/how we plan on making it available.  contact me privately for more
details.  otherwise, you'll have to build the activex control yourself.

> 3. If I have a crypto API which can generate a hash of a data and then sign it using
>the private key of the certificate, then is it possible to output a PKCS#7
>signed-object?If yes, How it can be done.

i'm don't believe openssl can build a pkcs7 signed object at this point
in time, but it can parse one.  you might want to look at another sdk.

C SDK:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

Java SDK:
http://www.rtfm.com/puretls/
http://jcewww.iaik.tu-graz.ac.at/
http://security.dstc.edu.au/projects/java/jcsi.html

others:
http://www.timberlinetechnologies.com/products/devkit.html

some are free, some are commercial.  again, you could also learn asn.1,
etc. and write your own pkcs7 builder...

-brahm