On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 05:14:02PM -0500, C?me Chaput wrote:
> I tried to install openssl-0.9.6. on solaris 2.6
> I modified the file config to put a line
> PERL="/usr/local/bin/perl"     (perl is my executable file)
>
> And I modified the file Configure at the line
> $perl="/usr/local/bin/perl";
>
> With that modification I can run ./config without error and run make with
> out error.
>
> But when I run make test I received
>
> test BN_exp
> running bc
> sh: perl: not found

Hmm, check out Makefile.ssl whether PERL has been set correctly.
I recommend you to leave config and Configure unchanged and perform a
(sh-syntax):
PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl ; export PERL
./config           (with your additional options, if any)

You could also consider simply adding /usr/local/bin to your PATH
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin
./config

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/