I downloaded OpenSSL-0.9.6 and tried to make it but the make test fails. I
am only interested in using OpenSSH at present. Can anyone point me in the
right direction for solving this problem?  I got some precompiled binaries
from SGI which worked but I can't get the compiled source to pass the test.
I see alot of warnings about unused variables during the make.  Is this
normal under IRIX?  I tried compiling the same code on a linux box and that
works fine.  I would greatly appreciate some help.  Below is an edited
version of the testlog produced by "make report"

OpenSSL self-test report:

OpenSSL version:  0.9.6
Last change:      In ssl23_get_client_hello, generate an error message wh...
OS (uname):       IRIX phil 6.5 07201607 IP22
OS (config):      mips3-sgi-irix
Target (default): ??
Target:           irix-mips3-cc
Compiler:         cc ERROR:  no source or object file given

Failure!

<snip>

test BN_lshift
test BN_rshift1