Dale Peakall wrote:

> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. As far as I can see the DN's stored in the index.txt file does not
> differentiate
> between a list of RDN's, and RDN's with multiple AVA's.  i.e. they are all
> seperated
> by a slash '/' character.  Is this correct?

Yes.

> 2. What's the escape character used (for example to quote an '=' character
> that is
> not used to seperate attributes from their values)?

There isn't any.

The file uses an old broken format which messses up things like
BMPStrings too. Changing it is problematical because any existing
index.txt files would become invalid. Its also difficult to convert
because the old format doesn't contain the necessary information. It
would however be possible to use a new format if the corresponding
certificates were all available.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/