From: "Mohammed SADIQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 7:37 AM
Subject: SSL - Can some enlighten me?

> (2) During the sending of 'Handshake Finished' message, the client as part
of data, considered
> 14 00 00 0C 4B 7F A0 F1 CF 0F 9E 93 27 03 C8 49 to compute the MD5 and SHA
digests.

> According to the SSL, the 'Finished Message' will contain the hashed
result of "all the previous SSL handshake messages exchanged during the
session" + other things like 'sender's role', 'master secret', 'padding'
which is understood.

> PROBLEM: I am not able to correlate the last 12 bytes(4B 7F A0 F1 CF 0F 9E
93 27 03 C8 49) of the 'Handshake Finished' with the exchanged handshake
messages. I think the first byte, 14h = Handshake message type(Handshake
Finished), and the next 3 bytes, 00 00 0C is the length of the data(4B 7F A0
F1 CF 0F 9E 93 27 03 C8 49). Can somebody enlighten me as to what these 12
bytes are? I tried for these bytes in all the Handshake Messages, but
couldn't find them.