The depth should be greater than or equal to the depth of the CA chain.  i.e. if
you have:

     Certificate
     Intermediate CA 1
     Intermediate CA 2
     Root CA

... you need a depth of 4.

More specifically if the Root CA is not found within your verify depth, then the
verification will fail.

There is a more extensive discussion of this issue recently in the past so just
check out the archive.

G.

"Auteria Wally Winzer Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/01/2001 22:19:09

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]