Hi,

    I am having trouble with reading a private key from the .pem format.
    i have tried running the example2.c in the openssl -0.9.6\demos\maurice

    Function  PEM_ASN1_read  is missing a parameter, during the built I get
an error : " too few  actuall parameters"

    if I trie to put a NULL as an extra parameter , the program crashes with
the " Unhandled exception in example.exe ( NTDLL.DLL) Access violation. "

   The   PEM_ASN1_read  in the example2.c has 5 parameters  and the method
in the pem_lib.c has 6.  I 've tried to figure out which parameter is
missing in the
   example and I think it is missing the char** x which is an internal C
structure ( just a guess!!).

   There a couple of similar problems in the users archive but there is no
solution to the problem. There is talk of the OpenSSL debug run time
libraries and a release
   run time libraries. ?? I am not sure which one I have. I have followed
the installation instruction inside the INSTALL.W32.
   I am running NT 2000 and a M VIsual C ++ 6.0. After the installation I
have placed the  libeay32.lib and a libeay32.dll in the working directory
and a I have set the
   Project/Settings/Link/ Object/Library Modules to point to the .lib  file.

   And another question , How do I know if I am mixing the static and
dynamic versions of the run time library.

    Any help on any of these questions is greatly appreciated.

  Regards

Mick Bozovic.
SecurePay Pty. Ltd.
Lvl 3/257 Collins Street, Melbourne,