Hi Josh, hi all,

just before my vacations I wanted to get this thing out.

This patch can be found on
http://www.progredy.de (Download Section)

This Patch provides:
* Fixes a (imo) glitch, as the original Crypt::SSLeay it
depends on direct host name resulution. Using a proxy just
the proxy needs full DNS access. Connecting to a site via proxy
which is unknown to the localhost (but to the proxy) will therefore fail
in the original implementation, but will suceed (hopefully ;-) ) with this
one
* Basic Client Cert Support
Support for loading client certificate, client privat key file and
validation
(look up the modified net_ssl_cert_test script). You need a cert
in PEM format. For conversion from PKCS12 (and other)-> PEM you can use
openssl.

Files:
INSTALL_PATCH (This text)
SSL.pm (complete file)
SSL.pm.patch (guess....)
SSLeay.xs (complete file)
SSLeay.xs.patch (guess harder)
net_ssl_cert_test (test and demo script)

Installation:
1. Download Crypt::SSLeay 0.21 from cpan.org
2. Unzip, Untar the package (creates subdir Crypt-SSLeay-0.21
3. Patch or replace SSLeay.xs in /Crypt-SSLeay-0.21 directory
4. Install the package (perl Makefile.pl; make; make test; make install)
5. Patch or replace SSL.pm (e.g.
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/aix/Net/SSL.pm)

DISCLAIMER:
As usual NO WARRANTY FOR ANYTHING; USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

This code has been tested in proxy-mode only! Direct linkup should not be
affected but who knows....

DEBUGGING:
I added (and commentet out) some print's in SSL.pm (method configure)
where the certificate and stuff is loaded.
If you want to know whether the cert is loaded properly comment them
in. They return 1 in case of success

OPENSSL:
This stuff was tested against openssl-0.9.6 only!

Have fun!
Tobias