Ron wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know what is the advantage of using openssl.
>
> Do openssl users still have to pay for services like verisign.
>
> I have looked on the opensll site but my English is not that good,
> if someone can give me a simple explanation it would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
Advantages of OpenSSL:
- Its free. It is robust and used by millions of users.
- It is the best implementation (IMO)
  of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) available today.
- The support for any problems related to use and
  development with OpenSSL is excellent and completely
  free of cost.

OpenSSL users do not have to pay anything to Verisign.
Visit verisign.com for more information about what Verisign
is and what services it provides.

--

Bye
Shridhar.