Hi,

We are trying to deploy multiple SSL-based servers
in a cluster. We want to share the session cache of each
of these servers so that connections from same client
(with session id reuse) can be handled by any server in
the same cluster. The scheme is simple:
Each server maintains its local cache and also replicates
the session in a central server. Whenver a request for
session-id reuse comes in and the server doesn't find the
id in its local cache, it refers to the central server.

Would this scheme work and be worth implementing? What
could be the possible bottlenecks in it?

The most attractive benefit I see is that any server
could go down without forcing its clients to renegotiate
the session. Also, the load balancer need not bother
about the 'sticky connections'.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/comments on this.

Thanks in advance,
Shridhar.