I've found a problem with BN_mod_inverse, in particular when it is called
many times in quick succession when verifying DSA signatures. Originally
this showed up when use DSA_do_verify, so I wrote my own, and I've isolated
the problem as being in BN_mod_inverse. It seems to only occur on about 0.2
% of the data sets, and I've only verified it when running in fast
succession (several a second) on a Pentium III @ 750 MHz running
windows2000, I've found a dataset of 2 where the second fails verification
while the first succeeds regardless of the order of the two of them. Has
anyone else experienced this or closely related problems? Is there a known
workaround?
                    Joe