Hi,

I am enciphering a series of files and am trying to decipher them with this
routine, it is basically the same as the one I have used for enciphering.
It has however been a while since I have done this and I am now having
trouble trying to remember how it is done.  Can anyone help with this.

thanx
lee

--- code follows ------------------------------------------>

 filesLeft=0;
 while(filesLeft<(mObjects->numFiles)){
      sourceFile=mObjects->files[filesLeft];
      destFile=sourceFile;
      destFile.Replace(".enc",".zip");

      fileIn.Open(sourceFile, CFile::typeBinary | CFile::modeRead, NULL);
      fileOut.Open(destFile, CFile::typeBinary | CFile::modeCreate |
CFile::modeWrite, NULL);

      RAND_pseudo_bytes(salt,PKCS5_SALT_LEN);
      fileIn.Read("Salted__",strlen("Salted__"));
      fileIn.Read(&salt,PKCS5_SALT_LEN);

       // seems to fail after here - am i using the salt correctly??
      ciph = EVP_des_ede3_cbc();
      EVP_BytesToKey(ciph,EVP_md5(),salt,(unsigned char
*)passwd,strlen(passwd),1,(unsigned char *)key,(unsigned char *)iv);
      EVP_CipherInit(&ctx, ciph, (unsigned char *)key, (unsigned char
*)iv,0);

      i=1;
      while (i!=0){
               i=fileIn.Read(buff,512);
               EVP_CipherUpdate(&ctx, out, &outl, (unsigned char *)buff, i);
               fileOut.Write(&out, outl);
      }
      EVP_CipherFinal(&ctx, out, &outl);
      fileOut.Write(&out, outl);