-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Fisher, James
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 3:55 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: PERL and secure Sockets

Install CRYPT::SSLeay

how to
-       Open dos prompt
-       type ppm
-       type "install Crypt::SSLeay"
-       type "y"
-       done

Then you can just use a normal LWP request and just put an s on the end of
https.

If you need lower level functionality you will have to get the io-socket-ssl
module.  Since you were having issues with ppm, you could just go to CPAN
and download the tar and install it or go to www.activestate.com/packages I
think or its /modules.