Hi Sumanta:

No, John is right.  WinZip 8.0 will not handle it.  It's too darn "smart".
(Darn falutin' software!!! )  For a Win32 platform, you should use
WinZip 7.0.

Step #2 (be forewarned, you're going to groan!!!) You're simply missing
the "z" flag in your tar command, e.g.:

  mkdir ~/tmp
  cf ~/tmp
  tar xzvf /usr/local/openSSL/openssl-0.9.6.tar.gz

...In other words, you need to use the z=zip flag.  Good luck!

-- Daniel