From:                   "Doug Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                building openSSL under Win32
Date sent:              Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:29:52 -0800

Doug

I built a snapshot released about a week before the one you used
and had no problem.  However I always do the following:

perl util\mkdef.pl crypto ssl update

as the INSTALL.W32 recommends.  Also, someone I think knows
one heck of a lot about OpenSSL as it relates to Windows told me
that I was one very very very lucky guy to get any SNAPSHOT to
compile correctly.  Although I have only had minor problems getting
snapshots to compile and run successfully, I always keep his
warning in the back of my mind.

Ken

I followed the procedure in INSTALL.W32 to build the OpenSSL libraries for
Win32 and ran into a problem with an undefined external: d2i_RSAPrivateKey.
I successfully resolved other undefineds by removing them from the .def
file, as mentioned in INSTALL.W32, but in this case, there are actual
references in the object files which are linked for ssleay32.dll, but there
is no routine by that name in the source code.  I used
openSSL-SNAP-20010206.tar.gz.  Has anyone else run into this or successfully
built the Win32 version recently?

Thanks,
Doug Allen

Support
InterSoft International, Inc.
Voice: 888-823-1541, International 281-398-7060
Fax: 888-823-1542, International 281-560-9170
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.securenetterm.com