Hi,
 These are the steps I am using to create a CA and then
sign a certificate.

openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout cakey.pem -out
cacert.pem -config openssl.cnf

then i follow the prompts.
after cacert.pem is created a copy the private key into
democa/private and cacert.pem into democa/.

then i do

openssl ca -ss_cert cacert.pem -out cacert2.pem -config
openssl.cnf

once completed i copy cacert2.pem over cacert because its
signed now right?

next i do

openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout skey.pem -out ser.pem -
config openssl.cnf
and follow th prompts

then i sign it.
openssl ca -in ser.pem -out server.pem -config openssl.cnf

have i created the CA correctly? do I know have a CA root
certificate I can use for my trusted CA list? do I have a
valid server certificate that can be sent for my client
application to verify against the trusted CA certificate?

thanks for the continued support guys

Evan

Get your own zoom email - click here - http://www.zoom.co.uk/