Hi everybody,
I am using the DH algorithm to produce a symmetric key (based on DSA private
and public keys).
There was no problem on Linux and Windows platforms as long as I had a
random device.
On Solaris platform, the routine DH_generate_key(dh) fails, because there is
no random device (and the routine fails to get random data).
Well, at this point I seeded the PRNG myself (just with RAND_seed(...)).
The DH_generate_key(dh) didn't fail, but at the end of this process I have
got two different symmetric keys, which doesn't help a lot in case of a
symmetric encryption ;-) .
What may cause the DH algorithm to produce two different keys ?
I can only guess the the PRNG wasn't seeded well...
Thanks, Ohad.