From: "Sandipan Gangopadhyay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 9:14 AM
Subject: Xenroll and OpenSSL

Back in 1997, there was a discussion with Dr Henson on the use of
Xenroll.dll with MSIE and (then SSLeay) OpenSSL.
http://remus.prakinf.tu-ilmenau.de/ssl-users/archive22/0040.html
Could someone tell me anything about the following two issues :
1. Xenroll uses ActiveX that is by default disabled in IE5.5 for reasons of
security. Is there anything new from MS that doesnt use ActiveX and will
work on the client without specially installing software for this purpose ?

2. Does anyone know of some URL where I can learn how to use Xenroll ?
With OpenSSL ? That can then be processed by openssl with req (if required)
and
ca ? I have found some resources at MS and over Google, but nothing
comprehensive.
Regards,
 Sandipan
----- End Original Message -----