I got email from webmaster at mailtag.  I think they fixed their problem,
but I can't quite understand the following direct quote:
    We  shut  off  our  responder...however;  it is going back on now...so
    hopefully all your mailing list stuff is finished.

They also said they are not going to be nice any longer.  After all,
they "explained," it is not their mailing list sending spam, but that
it is the fault of, I think they believe, the host of the openssl-users
mailing list.  They've been doing autoresponses for three years, and
have never had a problem before, so "do not coming whining to us" if it
happens again.

They were rudely accused of many things throughout this afternoon, and
are blocking any emails from "your networks".  I quoted that because it's
not clear who the "your" is, since the Cc'd winstar, my IP provider.
They did suggest that if my sys admins wish to email us, they may do so from
most "free" email services.  Hmm..  words to ponder.

FYI.
        /r$