On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 11:25:33AM +0100, Peter Sylvester wrote:
> Mail system that do not distingusih beween envelope addresses
> and mail headers, and gateways that have to translate
>
>  From: , reply-To, Sender: MAIL FROM to one single address
>
> are still there, and it seems that they are even growing.

Yes

> If the maintainers of these lists are not able to use a mail exploder
> that handles these error case, and this is very difficult,
> if not impossible, then may be reasonable not to add a reply-to.
>
> People can not longer just use reply, they need to use some
> 'reply to all' or whatever.

I prefer not having Reply-To to the list myself, but then I never
use reply without checking that I'm satisfied with the reply-to
address either, and I can manage to fill in the list address if I
want to reply to the list.

OTOH I'm willing to get loads of trash if it fixes some systems or
make people choose sensible MTAs, and I'm too stubborn to want to
remove it when it's not our fault.

Stig