Rich Salz wrote:

> > I suppose there is no open-source project working on a general-purpose
> > ASN.1 compiler and library?
>
> There's SNACC and its various derivatives.
>
> I dunno, in the PKI world, it's hard to see anyone creating any new
> ASN.1 datatypes, and cranking up a whole compiler project just to encode
> the occasional odd extension hardly seems worth it. :)

Well I suppose it depends on what you're doing. The new ASN1 stuff makes
it much easier to hand code ASN1. You could spend days with the old
stuff and still be certain you'd got something wrong.

It would still be nice if some of the more complex specifications could
be handled automatically. It should be possible to write something to
translate the SNACC 'template' output into OpenSSL ASN1 or something
like a perl script to do the whole lot.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/