Hi,

In the INSTALL document, the following exerpt is found:

shared          In addition to the usual static libraries, create shared
                libraries on platforms where it's supported. See "Note on shared
libraries" below.

So, a "./config shared" builds both static and shared libraries. A "make
install", however, will only install the shared libraries. Besides manually
copying, is there a way to get "make install" to install both static and
shared libraries that I don't know about?

Additionally, the shared libraries get installed incorrectly, that is, it
creates three instances of the same file and names them lib*.so, lib*.so.0,
and lib*.so.0.9.6 (where * is either crypto or ssl), when I *think* the
first two should be symbolic links. I'm not sure if this is a Makefile
problem or a ranlib problem (ranlib gives errors on the first two since
they are symbolic links in the build directory). I am using the latest and
greatest Make and ranlib.

Are these actual problems, or am I doing something wrong? I can provide
logs if they are desired.

Thanks,
  Austin