On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:32:42AM +0000, Filipe Contente wrote:
> You have sent it to me before,
> and it didn't help...
>
> may you try to answer my questions???
>
> thanks
> Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:41:31PM +0000, Filipe Contente wrote:
> > > Hi everybody!
> > >
> > > what does a verify_callback method should do??
> >
> > http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_set_verify.html

The requirements of the verify_callback routine are explained in this
manual page. It even contains an example.

> > > i'm trying to get client certificate , but im with a few troubles.
> > > the ssl->session->peer is NULL so it doesnt work.
> >
> > http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_set_verify.html
To receive a client certificate, the server must send a request for a
cert to the client using the SSL_VERIFY_PEER option explained in the
manual page. (Of course, additionally the client must send you a cert,
but this is optionally unless the FAIL_IF_NO... option is also set.)

> > > i´m using SSl_set_verify before the SSL_accept method , is this right??
> > > but i don't know what my verify_callback function should do.
> >
> > http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_set_verify.html
SSL_set_verify is correct, for the verify_callback see above.

> > > what is the difference  betwen ssl_ctx_set_verify and ssl_set_verify??
> >
> > http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_set_verify.html
SSL_CTX_set_verify works for the CTX and thus all SSL object are created
have these settings. SSL_set_verify only applies to one SSL object.
(This is explained in the manual page.)

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/