On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Liu Wen wrote:

> hi,there
> you know, USA contraints its exportation of security products. With
> SSL/TLS, we in China can only use 56 cipher-length in DES, 512 in public
> key algorithm. Now i am working on a project , i want to use TLS, while
> these are too short..  Is it possible for us to increase them
> alternatively?

Hi,

Since OpenSSL is not exported from the US, there's no export restriction
from the US of the OpenSSL product...

But I'm sure there's some importation restriction in China, and even a
usage restriction...

In clear, the problem is not with the export laws of the US, since the US
have nothing to do with OpenSSL... If you can legally use 128bits ciphers
in China, then you can do it with OpenSSL.

--
Erwann ABALEA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]