I started one year ago to distribute personnal certificates in our
organization. For the initial certificate, the format used was PKCS12.
Recently, I had to renew the certificates.

As advised in previous threads on this list, I wanted to use the Xenroll
mechanism with MSIE 5.5. In the following script, the call to
Enroll.AcceptPKCS7 returns err.Number=0x80092004, but err.Description is
not set. I can't get any information on this error code from Microsoft's
Knowledge base.

Note that replacing Enroll.AcceptPKCS7 by Enroll.InstallPKCS7 works but
installs the certificate in the 'Other People' section. The existing
certificate in the 'Personnal' section is not updated.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Here is the VB code I use to install personnal certificates :

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:43F8F289-7A20-11D0-8F06-00C04FC295E1"
        CODEBASE="xenroll.dll"
        ID=Enroll>
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT">
Sub InstallCert

 On Error Resume Next

  '"cert" is the result of the following command :
  'openssl crl2pkcs7 -nocrl -certifile mycert.pem -in mycert.pem

  cert = "" & _
     "MIIKVwYJKoZIhvcNAQcCoIIKSDCCCkQCAQExADALBgkqhkiG9w0BBwGgggosMIIE"
& _
     "gLR6uDkmRYwBMQA=" & _
        ""

  Call Enroll.AcceptPKCS7(cert)

--
Roland Dirlewanger
CNRS - Delegation Aquitaine et Poitou-Charentes

Mel : [EMAIL PROTECTED], Tel : 05.57.35.58.52, Fax : 05.57.35.58.01