On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:19:43AM +0200, Oscar Renalias wrote:
> As IMP does not support SSL natively yet, we are using openssl c_client

I suppose you meant openssl "s_client".

> Everything works fine except for one thing. We don't know if it's a
> php/imp issue, an imap issue or an openssl issue (messages have been
> sent to the corresponding lists), but maybe somebody here is in the same
> situation as us.

openssl s_client is not a generic SSL-tunneling tool, it is a test tool.
Some keycodes have a special meaning, e.g. Q means quit. Type Q on its own
line and the connection will be closed:

# openssl s_client -connect servername:993
[Certificate Blah Blah]
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 STARTTLS LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN]
some.host.na.me IMAP4rev1 2000.287 at Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:36:36 +0200 (METDST)
Q<CR>
DONE
# ...

Please consider using e.g. stunnel instead.

Having this said, I do not see the special meaning of A-G in the source,
this seems to be another odd thing.
Consider using the ssldump utility to analyze the IMAP traffic. If you do
not use EDH ciphers (e.g. use RC4-MD5), ssldump can completely decrypt
the communication.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/