On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, you wrote:

   Ok I found the right log file and this is the output.

from mailog file

Mar 28 12:40:55 powell imapd[20508]: Command stream end of file, while reading line
user=??? host=powell2

Where does it get the user and host from ???

also why was imapd looking for imapd.pem instead of stunnel.pem , is there a
config file for this?

Mar 28 12:18:06 powell imapd[20448]: Unable to load certificate from
/usr/share/ssl/certs/imapd.pem

Thanks for all your help
Darrin

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 10:19:41AM -0500, Darrin Powell wrote:
> >   I did your comand to make the cert and the output for stunnel.pem the key
> > part still looked encrypted ???????
>
> No, it is not encrypted.  I did a
>   openssl rsa -in your_email -text
> and happily could read all details about your private key.
> Thanks for posting your private key to the list, I will consider using
> it against you :-)
>
> > Is this how it should look? I still get this error when I try to connect
> >
> > [root@powell certs]# openssl s_client -connect powell:993
> > CONNECTED(00000003)
> > write:errno=104
> >
> > What am I doing wrong ????????
>
> You don't look into the server logs. On my HP-UX box I don't have an
> error number 104. On a nearby Linux box I find 104 to be
> #define ECONNRESET      104     /* Connection reset by peer */
> so your server closes the connection. Check out the server's logfiles.
>
> Best regards,
>       Lutz
> PS. Are you using tcp-wrappers? Maybe you simply forgot to allow access
> to port 993...
> --
> Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
> Lehrstuhl Allgemeine Elektrotechnik                  Tel. +49 355 69-4129
> Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus              Fax. +49 355 69-4153
Darrin Powell