The solaris-*-gcc targets all seem to assume you're using GNU ld, which
nobody _I_ know does under solaris (does it even compile?). This causes the
shared library builds to bomb. Fortunately, the fix is easy:

sed -e
's,^\("solaris[^"]*-gcc.*\):gnu-shared:\(.*$\),\1:solaris-shared:\2,'
Configure >Configure.fixed

We only noticed when we tried to compile under 2.5.1 (don't ask...) which
isn't supported by the current Sun cc. Sorry I didn't catch this in the
release candidates.

--
Carson Gaspar - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Queen trapped in a butch body