From:                   "Greg Stark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Copies to:              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: Using "external" certificates in web browsers
Date sent:              Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:19:35 -0400

Or you could simply purchase one of the USB based tokens which
allow for the storage of certs, and can be easily removed from one
computer and moved to another.  Both the Microsoft Explorer and
Netscape support some of the more popular ones.

With the proper software, these devices can also be treated as
"external storage", which in fact they are.

Ken

Carl,

    For Internet Explorer, you would have to write a customized
Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP) to accomplish this. It is not trivial.

Greg Stark
Ethentica, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]