Please don't send me personal copies. The list is the best place to go.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:27:52PM +0530, Siva wrote:
> Case I :
>      I have a SSL server and SSL client program.I am able to
> communicate between SSL Server and SSL Client  perfectly using the
> certificates created in Linux box.
What cipher is being used?

> Case II :
>      When I use ' openSSL's s_server '  listening at a port ,HTTPS request comes
>perfectly from IE and this server was able to write to requested page.

What cipher is being used?
OpenSSL s_server will give you a list of the ciphers proposed by IE.

> Case III :
>      But the problem comes when I try to connect the SSL server ( The
> same SSL server program which I used for communication in Case I) from
> IE using the url
>       https://server's-ip-address:port/
>    where "server's-ip-address " is where the server is listening in
> the specified "port".When I try the above step I got the following
> error
>    " 1341:error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared
> cipher:s3_srvr.c:769: "

Use openssl s_client to connect to the server and see whether this succeeds.
What cipher is being used, in case it works?

Then check out, what ingredients (support of cipher; type of certificate;
DH-parameters?) might be missing.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/