Hi Folks

I installed openssl, ssh and scp on a Sun box using packages created for the
purpose.
the client ssh and scp work fine when communicating with other machines in
my network.

However I would like the server ssh and scp to work as well -- this machine
is on a private lan with no access to the internet so I believe it needs
keys and certificates local only to itself.

when I try to generate the keys I get this....

# ./openssl gendsa -out file /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key: No such file or directory
17657:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:bss_file.c:245:fopen('/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key','r')
17657:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:247:

Please send me the command sequence to get all the keys and certificates
generated

much appreciated

Andre Steenkamp
VP Systems Engineering
Chaos reigns within.  Reflect, repent, and reboot.  Order shall return.
w)310.664.9333
f)310.664.1183