On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 04:28:39PM +0200, Ed Voncken wrote:
> My question is:
>
> - How do I configure OpenSSL for PRNGD (either UNIX or TCP socket)
>
> I could not find a ./Configure option to specify an interface to PRNGD;
> I assume that it is a compile-time issue.

As of now (OpenSSL 0.9.6a), the problem must be solved at the application
level. The application must query the EGD socket (or port) or at least
call RAND_egd() with the name of the socket. A lot of applications allow
to specify the path to a EGD-style socket by parameter.
(If you have an application that does not support such an option,
like UW-imap, put a RAND_egd("/var/run/egd-pool"); into the startup
routine.)
Starting with OpenSSL 0.9.7, the OpenSSL library will automatically
query the locations "/var/run/egd-pool", "/dev/egd-pool", "/etc/egd-pool",
"/etc/entropy".

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/