My plan is to use OpenSSL to provide crypto for ucd-snmp (which uses des,
md5, and sha) and ssl for a web server (using rsa, 3des, and sha or md5).  I
will also use it for certificate generation.

I'm going to do some code and makefile editing to get rid of everything else
I can, which I think includes bf, dh, dsa, hmac, idea,  md2, md4, mdc2,
pkcs7, rc2, rc4, rc5, and ripemd.

Does that sound reasonable?