On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 12:28:58PM -0700, Michelle T wrote:
> I am new to the openssl library.  I am trying to write
> a simple program to illustrate how to verify
> certificates using the openssl library.  I cannot seem
> to get the program to work, although I have taken most
> of the code from the verify.c file in the apps
> directory.  I know my certificates should validate
> because they validate with the openssl verify command.

[ code deleted ]

The verification process will call the callback whenever one of the
verification steps indicates failure. (It will also be called once
for each certificate in the chain in the case of success.)
You should find out the reason for your problems by evaluating the
information provided via the callback.
You should also search the mailing list archive, we have discussed
several of these items during the last days.
Some details about the verification process and callback are also
available via the SSL_CTX_set_verify() manual page.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/