You need to do the following in your code -

at start:
        CRYPTO_malloc_debug_init();
        CRYPTO_dbg_set_options(V_CRYPTO_MDEBUG_ALL);
        CRYPTO_mem_ctrl(CRYPTO_MEM_CHECK_ON);

at end:
        CRYPTO_mem_leaks_fp(stderr);

This produces tons of memory references that you'll have to sort out what
are valid and which you think are leaks.  I found that I could reformat
the data with awk and do a diff between a number of sessions to see where
the memory was growing.

Steve