I have created CA certificate and private key using `openssl req`
command.

openssl req -new -newkey rsa:512 -md5 -x09 -keyout cakey.pem -out
cacert.pem

Then created server and client certificates and signed them using CA's
private key. But when I use these certificates I am getting three error
messages.

verify error : num20: unable to get local issuer certificate
verify error : num27: certificate not trusted
verify error : num21: unable to verify the first certificate

Could anyone explain me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Damitha.

ps: This was the case when I use the test certificate came with openssl.